Welcome to the Feirstein Community website for the Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema! This is the home of the resources from all programs and offices at Feirstein and where we share what you need to know as a member of our community. Most of our documentation is restricted to only those with a Feirstein account. If you are a member of the Feirstein community and don't have your log-in information, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a password reset.
- Toni Morrison Doc featuring Professor Declan Zimmerman’s graphic and animation work airing June 23 on PBS
- Three PW4 films screen at the Maryland Film Festival: Who Can Predict What Will Move You, Midnight Coffee, and Good News!
- Sonic Arts Class of 2020 students perform at the Sonic Arts MFA Showcase!
- Professor Seth Fein’s transhistorical film Between Neighborhoods featured in Untapped New York!
- Professor Declan Zimmerman’s graphic and motion design work in a film premiering at Nantucket Film Festival!
If you are interested in learning more about our school, please visit our main website below.
American Masters Presents Exclusive U.S. Broadcast Premiere of Documentary Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, June 23 at 8/7c on PBS and PBS.org/tonimorrison.
The film, which features Declan’s graphics and animation work, is an artful and intimate meditation on the legendary Nobel and Pulitzer Prize-winning author that examines her life, her works and the powerful themes she has confronted throughout her literary career. Features Hilton Als, Angela Davis, Fran Lebowitz, Walter Mosley, Sonia Sanchez, Oprah Winfrey and others.
Check out the Filmmaker Mag interview with Editor Johanna Giebelahusin who provided insight into Declan’s 3D like visual treatment for the motion on archival still photos.
We are excited to announce that three PW4 films were selected to screen at the Maryland Film Festival Virtual Edition! Here are the films below:
Who Can Predict What Will Move You (dir. Livia Huang)
Midnight Coffee (dir. Jaime Levinas)
Good News (dir. Joe Stankus)
Six of our newly-minted Sonic Arts alums were featured in the online concert series The Quarantine Concerts on June 9th! The show was organized by Brooklyn College Sonic Arts faculty member Ben Vida, and it is part of the ongoing Experimental Sound Studio Quarantine Concerts series.
Check out the link for more information!