Welcome to the Feirstein Community website for the Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema! This is the home of the resources from all programs and offices at Feirstein and where we share what you need to know as a member of our community. Most of our documentation is restricted to only those with a Feirstein account. If you are a member of the Feirstein community and don't have your log-in information, email email@example.com to request a password reset.
- 3rd Year DAVE Student, Nicholas Owoyemi, is among global recipients of the 2020/21 BAFTA Scholarship Program!
- 2019 Thesis Film Parachute is available on Short of the Week!
- Nederlands Film Festival Boat session moderated by Argentinean film director and New York-based professor Julia Solomonoff
- Feirstein Producing Alum and Professor Khaula Malik selected as an 2020 Emerging Filmmaker for the THROUGH HER LENS: The Tribeca Chanel Women’s Filmmaker Program!
- Feirstein Alumni Mandy Marcus and Amanda Lynn Kim announced National Board of Review 2020 Student Grant Winners!
If you are interested in learning more about our school, please visit our main website below.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has announced the global recipients of its 2020/21 scholarships programme, supporting the study of film, games and television courses in the UK and US.
This year BAFTA has awarded 28 scholarships in total, 12 in the UK and a further 16 in the US. In addition to financial aid totalling over £190,000 towards their annual course fees, the BAFTA Scholars will gain free access to BAFTA online events and resources as well as one-to-one mentoring from BAFTA award winners, nominees and members.
Nicholas Owoyemi from Brooklyn, New York, is studying an MFA in Cinema Arts—Digital Animation and Visual Effects at the Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema at Brooklyn College with financial support from the King Features Animation Scholarship.
After screening at TWO Oscar-qualifying film festivals in October: at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival and the Hamptons International Film Festival, the 2019 Thesis Parachute is now available online at Short of the Week!
Watch the film here:
Logline: Everything changes for 16-year-old Wendy when another Chinese “parachute kid” moves in with her host family.
Writer & Director Katherine Tolentino
Producer James Duarte
Cinematographer Claribel Tejeda
Editor Sara Cintrón-Schultz
Composer Leah Shaw
Key Grip Giovanni Alfonzetti